Series includes new functionality and various configurations, tailored for distinct customer segments
- TAB A7-50’s 7-inch, wide-view HD display reveals sharper text and web pages for the optimal reading and viewing experience
- TAB A8 offers 30 percent more viewing space than a 7-inch tablet with powerful features that provide total entertainment on the go
- TAB A10 equips users with a reliable tablet compatible with an optional Bluetooth keyboard, which acts as a stand for hands-free multimedia viewing, a keyboard for endless productivity and a protective cover
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – April 8, 2014: Lenovo(HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced several new A-series Android tablets, offering configurations and screen sizes to match consumer needs for both ultra-portable tablets and multimedia performers. The portfolio, which also boasts quad-core computing power for a responsive, smooth tablet experience, will be available starting in May 2014.
The new range starts with the TAB A7-50, an affordable on-the-go reading companion with a 7-inch, wide-view HD display for sharper text and web pages, while the larger screen TAB A8 is the mobile “home entertainment” center that produces bright HD images, with front-facing, Dolby® Audio speakers that bring music, videos and games to life. Rounding up the new A-series is the TAB A10, which is equipped with a superb 10.1″ wide HD display and an optional Bluetooth keyboard for an amazing movie watching experience on the move.
- TAB A7-50, Crystal Clear Multimedia Reader:The Lenovo TAB A7-50 is the ultra-portable on-the-go reading companion for those on a budget. The 7-inch, wide-view HD display reveals sharper text and web pages. Powered by a quad-core processor and equipped with a 2MP front-facing camera and 5MP rear camera, it’s designed for users who want to read, surf, and stay connected with friends. It is also available as the TAB A7-40, which comes in a stylish Ebony color, 8GB capacity and front-facing camera only.
- TAB A8, “Home Entertainment” On the Move:The Lenovo TAB A8 comes in a sleek midnight blue color and provides total entertainment on the go. The sharp, colorful 8″ HD display plus Dolby® audio and responsive quad-core power make it an excellent choice for playing games, watching videos, listening to music, socializing with friends and more.
- TAB A10, Ultra-Mobile Multimode Powerhouse:The Lenovo TAB A10 is a versatile tablet powerhouse that offers a quality productivity experience anywhere, anytime. Compatible with an optional Bluetooth keyboard, the TAB A10 enables users to take full advantage of the 10.1-inch HD screen whether they are watching movies in “Stand” mode or browsing the web in crystal-clear definition. And at less than 9mm thick, the TAB A10 is a comfortable, lightweight companion for uber-mobile users.
“Lenovo’s latest A-series tablet family is designed to meet the demands of today’s young, active users who are always on the go, and have lifestyle requirements that are as diverse as their own personalities. With these latest additions to our tablet portfolio, we’ve introduced devices that speaks directly to each consumer’s habits, whether it’s enjoying music, reading e-books or watching videos on the go,” said Shao Tao, vice president Lenovo and head of Mobile BU, “Our Android family of tablets will appeal to users around the world as we’ve built our products to be highly flexible to serve multiple needs and budgets.”
Pricing and Availability1
Models of the Lenovo TAB A7-50 and TAB A7-40 start at $129 and will be available beginning in May 2014 www.lenovo.com.
Models of the Lenovo TAB A8 start at $179 and will be available beginning in May 2014 at select retailers.
Models of the Lenovo TAB A10 start at $249 and will be available beginning in May 2014 at select retailers and www.lenovo.com. The Lenovo TAB A10 may also be purchased with the optional Bluetooth keyboard at $299.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$34 billion personal technology company – the largest PC maker worldwide and an emerging PC Plus leader – serving customers in more than 160 countries. Dedicated to exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the Company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo, a global Fortune 500 company, has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
1 Prices do not include tax or shipping and are subject to change without notice. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.